Today was the first day our precious son went to nursery school at Bet Torah pre-school, in Mount Kisco, NY. I was quite anxious, awoke early in anticipation of the big day, but our little man seemed non-pulsed. Upon arrival at the school, Z was excited to see the playground. When we entered the building, he became a little less excited, however once we entered his classroom, he immediately went over to the play kitchen to "make some tea." One of his teachers, Barbara, whom we know from doing Mommy&Me at the synagogue, came over to him at once. I noticed that most of the moms had already left the room and so I decided the time had come for my departure too...and so I casually said "see you a little later" at which point my adorable son did not even look up at me, as he was already engaged in play. I left, feeling somewhat deflated (but elated that he did not shed a tear!) and went to the library to do a "project" (arts&crafts!) with the other moms. While we chatted and had coffee, we eagerly awaited word from Mindy, the program director, about our little ones. A few times she entered the library to report that all the kiddos were doing well. My heart soared. I could not believe how smoothly this was going... One hour later we were allowed to enter the classroom and I found my Zachy playing happily with, you guessed it, CARS! I could not have dreamed of an easier first day for my child. And hope the others go as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment